Fall River, MA 02720 Phone: (508) 679-5222 | Fax: (508) 673-3182
About this Location
SSTAR provides a wide array of outpatient services and programs including Ambulatory Behavioral Health Services, Batterer's Intervention Program, Driver Alcohol Education Program, Family Interventions (ARISE), Intensive Outpatient Program, Outpatient Groups, Smoking Cessation and The Women's Center.
Specialties and Services
- Aftercare Outpatient Services
- Case Management
- Medication Management
- Outpatient Counseling
- Relapse Prevention
- Therapy Groups
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment
- Outpatient Treatment
- Addiction and Substance Abuse Services
- Mental Health Services
Evidence-Based Treatments and Special Programs
- 24-Hour Emergency Telephone Service
- Ambulatory Behavioral Health Services
- Batterer's Intervention Program
- Driver Alcohol Education Program
- Family Interventions (ARISE)
- Intensive Outpatient Program
- Domestic Violence Educational Group
- Women's Evening Domestic Violence Group
- Pattern Changing Group
- Parenting Wisdom
- Pain Managment
- Creative Expression Group
- Building Ourselves Recovery Group
- Common Bond
- Seeking Safety
- Staying Sane
- Relapse Prevention Groups
- Smoking Cessation
- Public Transportation Accessible
Referral and Intake Process
Ambulatory Behavioral Health Services: Referrals accepted from self, providers or community agencies.
Batterer's Intervention Program: Participation in this program is by way of a court-ordered mandate, or a referral from the Department of Social Services, therapist or self referral.
Driver Alcohol Education Program: Option available to individuals charged with a First Offense Driving Under the Influence violation, to avoid lengthier license loss, heavier fines or possible incarceration.
ARISE Family Interventions. For help, call 508-558-0376
Intensive Outpatient Program: Potential clients should call SSTAR's intake coordinator to schedule an intake.
Intensive Outpatient Program: Client arrives at 7:30 am for 1.5 hour intake and begins treatment by 9 am the same day. All forms of Masshealth and most private insurances are accepted. Mass residents with Medicare or no insurance are accepted with a sliding fee scale.
Eligibility and Insurance
- Eligible Gender:
- Minimum Age:
- Other Elgibility Criteria:
Intensive Outpatient Program: Must have a diagnosis of substance dependence and not experiencing acute withdrawal. Must be willing to commit to reducing or eliminating substance abuse and abide by the SSTAR Client Rights and Responsibilities Policy.
- Private Health Insurance